Subject: Re: [boost] [units] Pull request and RFC: information unit definitions for Boost.Units
From: Erik Erlandson (eje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-22 10:55:46

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Marek,
>
> Am Friday, 1. August 2014, 12:50:11 schrieb Curdeius Curdeius:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have created a pull request building on top of Erik's proposal.
> > It adds missing zebi and yobi prefixes as defined by IEC.
> > I have also added tests for these prefixes.
> > The only thing is that zebi (2^70) and yobi (2*80) are too large for *long
> > long int*, so I test them with boost::multiprecision::int128_t.
> >
> > Link to PR: https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/6

> > I have added zebi and yobi IEC prefixes and corresponding tests for
> > completeness taking Erik's pull request as a base.
>
> I've now looked at them and this looks fine so far. But I'm missing the
> needed
> documentation for the new functionality. Can you add some?

Good point. As I recall, I held off on doc because I could not figure out where unit-specific docs actually lived. In fact I couldn't find doc for any of the existing units, it was all more general description of how the library worked. Is there an established place for information unit doc to live?