Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] link error in 1.56
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-24 12:08:57

Tobias Loew wrote
> Hi,
>
> linking the serialization lib fails in version1.56 with unresolved symbols
> due to the missing implementation of
>
> boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::shared_ptr_helper(void)
> boost::archive::detail::shared_ptr_helper::~shared_ptr_helper(void)
>
> up to version 1.55 those symbols were defined in
> libs\serialization\src\shared_ptr_helper.cpp, but now this file is
> excluded from the build and contains the implementation of a nowhere
> defined class shared_ptr_helper_base.
>
> Is there a replacement for shared_ptr_helper, is it redundant or is
> serialization broken in 1.56?
>
> Tobias

this was replaced by boost::serialization::shared_ptr_helper which I believe
is found in boost/serialization/shared_ptr????.

Looks like something in the build has not been updated. Or since this is a
breaking change to that archive interface, perhaps this is a result from
using a custom archive as opposed to one of the built in ones.

Robert Ramey