Subject: Re: [boost] [units] Pull request and RFC: information unit definitions for Boost.Units
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-27 06:21:09

Hi Gonzalo,

Am Montag, 25. August 2014, 12:33:49 schrieb Gonzalo BG:
> Congratulations Jürgen!

Thanks!

> Let me know what can I improve on [0] to get the pull-request merged.
>
> [0] https://github.com/boostorg/units/pull/1

Well, the usual suspects are missing:

- Tests
- Documentation.
- (Examples)

Any new feature should be tested. Especially if we want to find out which
compilers support it :-) Documenting the feature is necessary for new and old
users to discover it. And I'd like a snappy sentence to add to the release
notes.

Some minor nitpicks:

- The patch also changes unrelated whitespace like line-endings, removes empty
lines and changes wrapping. This should go into a separate pull request if
necessary.
- The patch also removes some code blocks currently commented out. This should
be done in a separate request, too.

I'm without internet access from Friday, 30.8.2014 until 06.9.2014 and fully
available from Monday, 15.9.2014.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1