Subject: Re: [boost] [Http] Request for comments
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-27 19:35:54

On 26 Aug 2014 at 4:20, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira wrote:

> Bjorn Reese helped me to gather a few arguments while I was working on the
> rest of the documentation. I'll work on your concern now (including
> benchmarks).
>
> And thanks for the continued feedback. Your feedback only help me to make
> the project better and I appreciate that.

Glad I am useful.

Some ideas for some worked examples and things to benchmark:

* Implementing an ICAP filter for Squid. See
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP. Let's say it prepends to
the <title> tag content something funny.

* Bjorn has probably also mentioned this, but the world's simplest
WebDAV server (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV) serving a single
read-only file called HelloWorld.txt would be great. Being able to
mount your HTTP library as a Windows or Linux drive is simply cool.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/