Subject: Re: [boost] [spinlock] concurrent_unordered_map is ready for review
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-01 12:35:47

On 1 Sep 2014 at 15:27, Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> Do you intend this to be a separate library, or would it go into something
> like Boost.Container?

Not sure yet. My next goal is no-alloc promise-future, also based on
spinlocks.

I don't intend to "finish" concurrent_unordered_map past what is
already done, and I suspect no Boost library will accept it until I
or someone else does.

I do intend to develop a partial C++ 11 STL to Boost shim library, so
one no longer needs the rest of Boost to use Boost.Thread standalone
for example. That way we can push Boost.Thread ahead without needing
Boost.

> > You and others may find a description of the algorithm at
> > https://plus.google.com/109885711759115445224/posts/KhbHhU5J19B of
> > use.
> >

> Awesome, I'll give that a read. I suspect this is very nice to dig into
> because it's using the new hotness (transactional memory, and C++11
> atomics).

I originally started expecting to make great use of Intel TSX. Read
this list's archives for how badly that fared.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/