Subject: Re: [boost] [spinlock] concurrent_unordered_map is ready for review
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-02 18:55:12

On 2 Sep 2014 at 10:32, Robert Ramey wrote:

> > I hope a GSoC student finishes it in 2015 or 2016, but for me it's
> > enough for me to move on, so I am. You will hear what I will be doing
> > next later today in fact.
>
> What do you mean by "ready for review" exactly?

For those interested in a concurrent_unordered_map to comment on the
design. Especially as it's a unique design compared to all the others
as it can concurrent erase.

I don't intend to submit it for Boost review to enter the Boost
libraries. The feedback would be to finish the missing parts. I know
that already.

Besides, I'll be announcing the development of a major new Boost
library probably next week which hopefully will have 2.5 full time
developers on it, I'll be asking here and on the ASIO mailing list
for feedback on the design which some would call "radical" seeing as
it's all C++14 and integrates the proposed monadic continuations
framework based on expected<T, E> with the future C++ 17 Networking
library ASIO so it's all seamless.

If you remember me saying to you Robert about a forthcoming easy
programming generic DSEL for AFIO/ASIO/futures/all async in C++, the
ball is finally rolling on that, assuming funding remains in place
for it.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting