Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Hana - Type Classes, data types and categories (tags).
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-17 19:37:05

On 17 Sep 2014 at 20:49, Louis Dionne wrote:

> I had not thought about the issue because right now, name clashing is
> avoided simply by not having two functions with the same name. This has
> worked well so far. Since this is the simplest way to do things, I'd
> rather keep it that way. Of course, if I need to introduce a function
> whose name would clash, then I will strongly consider your suggestion;
> thank you for that.

namespaces can be used for disambiguation, but they are actually much
more useful and powerful than that. You can map namespaces into other
namespaces, mash up namespaces into customised variants and with
template aliasing you can now easily metaprogram namespacing too, so
you could have the results of a Hana operation cause one set of
things to be mapped into some destination namespace as against
another set of things. And then, you see, a bind() function can
actually have metaprogrammed meaning and implementation which is not
only neato, but very intuitive for the end user.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/