Subject: [boost] CMake module for compile-time benchmarks
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-22 11:30:17

Hi,

While working on Hana, I have developped a couple of tools to generate
compile-time benchmarks. I have now made this easier to use for anyone
who wishes to do the same by writing a CMake module which does the
dirty work for you.

The module is available at [1]. Basically, you drop this in your CMake tree,
install a couple of dependencies and then you can create targets to run the
compile-time benchmarks. The gist of it is explained in the module, and you
can find a lot of examples in [2].

This is still a work in progress. For example, the module still does not
support runtime benchmarking even though the documentation says it does.
Also, it only works with Clang and GCC for now. There are probably a ton
of glitches and ways to improve it; feel free to send pull requests!

Regards,
Louis

[1]: https://github.com/ldionne/hana/blob/master/cmake/Benchmarks.cmake
[2]: https://github.com/ldionne/hana/tree/master/benchmark