Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] request for a new modularization status for develop branch
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-29 00:58:25

Vicente Botet wrote
> Hi Peter,
>
> could you upload a new modularization status, as in
> http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-d53f656/module-levels.html ?
>
> Best,
> Vicente

I find this extremely interesting. Can we add this project to the boost
tools as we have for BCP?

A couple of questions:
a) Level 11 - looks like there's a cycle for the algorithm->range->algorithm
and some others. But since this is by module I'm not sure this is true.

b) of the different ways of counting dependency we've described - which is
this? That is it just headers? or doesn't include the library
implementation. Is it to build all tests/examples in the module, or is it
some application which uses the module.

c) Does this mean that to build a module at level N it is sufficient and
necessary to have available all the modules at levels less than N ?

d) probably off topic, but level 14 shows serialization dependent upon
spirit. OK I get that. But it also shows spirit dependent upon
serialization - what's up with that?

I have some other questions as well, but that's enough for now

RObert Ramey