Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.DLL] Formal Review request
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-08 07:35:46

On 8 Oct 2014 at 11:23, Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> > Your DLL library could provide a portable method for auto generating
> > aliases with the Itanium ABI. As I mentioned, it is fairly trivial to
> > write some metaprogramming which will output an Itanium mangling for
> > some input type. You just then need to regex in the fully qualified
> > name of the item, and finally run a pass collapsing repetition (a
> > regex matcher will suffiice). Itanium is very logical, no surprises.
> > I keep a quick cheat sheet document on symbol mangling at
> > https://github.com/ned14/NiallsCPP11Utilities/blob/master/demanglers/c
> > alling_conventions.pdf, you may find it useful. The official
> > http://mentorembedded.github.io/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling isn't bad
> > either.
>
> Since you seem to know the subject matter very well yourself, wouldn't
> it be better if you could contribute that component?

Well, I do have a lot of demands on my time these next few months.
Currently three new Boost libraries will be appearing from me by
March 2015, so I am not volunteering for even more work.

That said, given how trivial the above metaprogrammed Itanium type
mangler is, I would be happy to collaborate with someone else on an
implementation. You'll just need to be patient with my rate of
progress, I only get Saturdays most weeks for non-work work items and
that is usually spent on closing Boost.Thread defects or trying to
find some time to work on AFIO.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting