Subject: Re: [boost] Is there something like shared_array<T> but with iterators?
From: David Hagood (david.hagood_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-15 07:21:29

On 10/14/2014 10:33 AM, Thijs (M.A.) van den Berg wrote:
> Could you go and use an overloaded C++11 non-member std::begin( shared_array<> .. ) instead of the member .begin()?
>
> If so then you could try to write a simple generic non-member begin() for the shared_array<> (and ask if it can be added to boost)?

I can look into that. I took a bit of time yesterday and wrote an
template that extended the shared_array with member begin and end - it
really didn't take much to do. When it gets some more review at work, I
may submit what I've done to the list as a request for comment.

Making end() work means adding another data member for the array length,
and requiring that be set - I don't know if that would be deemed an
acceptable burden on shared_array, and it may be that making an
extension class available would be the right way to go.