Subject: Re: [boost] [git][flyweight] something messed up with master and develop branch
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-11 07:34:20

On 11/11/2014 03:16 PM, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote:
> Vladimir Prus <vladimir <at> codesourcery.com> writes:
>

>> Did you use --no-ff option, so the a merge commit is created as opposed
>> to 'master' just changed to point to a different commit id?
>

> I use the default setting of TortoiseGit, which has "No Fast Forward"
> unchecked.

If it is unchecked, I presume it means that fast forward *is* enabled,
which is what you see. Try checking that option.

> I don't remeber ever changing this (but might be wrong), and
> this weird behavior has only come up recently.

I can only imagine that at one point, you've pushed same commit to develop
and master, and from that point onward, git merge happily does fast forward.
Try making dummy commit on develop, push it, make it sure it's only on develop
and do no-ff merge to master.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded