Subject: Re: [boost] [review] [sort] Sort library review manager results
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-27 06:07:28

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> This is the results from the recent review of the Sort library of Steven
> Ross.

> I do not know if the review manager has a say in this but based on the
> remarks of the reviewers I would like to see the library as accepted be
> named 'SpreadSort' rather than just 'Sort'. I do think that Boost can have
> a library called 'Sort' but I agree with the general consensus that a
> 'Sort' library needs more than one type of sorting algorithm. I would like
> to see other people, who mentioned in the reviews/comments that they have
> their own sorting implementation, also submit their own implementations to
> Boost and, if this happens and they are accepted, I can see combining them
> with 'SpreadSort' into a general Boost sorting library called 'Sort' in the
> future.

We already have an "algorithm" directory, so it might make sense to add a
"sort" sub-directory and category with "spreadsort" as the first specific
sort to be added.

For adding sorts that are just implementations of classic and well-studied
sort algorithms, we need a lighter-weight mechanism than a full formal
review, IMO.

Edward, thanks for managing the review and producing such a well-done
report!

--Beman