Subject: Re: [boost] [review] [sort] Sort library review manager results
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-27 13:43:15

Edward Diener wrote:

> This is the results from the recent review of the Sort library of Steven Ross.

I have to say you gave us a tensive read. :-)

> I believe the condtional Yes vote from Julian Gonggrijp was completely met in the discussions of issues with Steven Ross

To be honest I haven’t checked the documentation afterwards, but I trust
any remaining issues will be resolved in a way that I can agree with.

> Based on the voting for acceptance or not, based on the discussions during the review period, and based on Steven Ross's responses, I have decided that Steven Ross's library should be accepted into Boost.

Congratulations, Steven!

> I do not know if the review manager has a say in this but based on the remarks of the reviewers I would like to see the library as accepted be named 'SpreadSort' rather than just 'Sort'. I do think that Boost can have a library called 'Sort' but I agree with the general consensus that a 'Sort' library needs more than one type of sorting algorithm. I would like to see other people, who mentioned in the reviews/comments that they have their own sorting implementation, also submit their own implementations to Boost and, if this happens and they are accepted, I can see combining them with 'SpreadSort' into a general Boost sorting library called 'Sort' in the future.

I think this is a very reasonable proposal.

Regarding the possible future additions: I would absolutely love to
submit my own sorting algorithm implementations. I first need to find
time to remove a few rough edges before I would even dare to publish my
code, but thank you for the encouragement. :-)

-Julian