Subject: Re: [boost] Link dependencies (was: [mpl] [build] [testing] Mergepullrequests)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-03 06:36:01

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2014 12:55:35 Peter Dimov wrote:
>
> > This mechanism kind of already exists,
> >
> > #if 0
> > #include "hidden-dependency"
> > #endif
> >
> > but not all files have been annotated.
>
> Yes, but that's quite ugly and error prone. In case of MPL this would mean
> to add all headers under boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed (517 files) to
> boost/mpl/aux_/include_preprocessed.hpp or other headers that use
> include_preprocessed.hpp.

It's not quite that bad. You need a section with 11 includes:

#if 0
// inform boost.build of hidden dependencies
# include "boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/bcc/_all_.hpp"
# include "boost/mpl/aux_/preprocessed/bcc_pre90/_all_.hpp"
#endif

and 11 copies of the same _all_.hpp header that consists of 47 includes and
will never change.

Ugly and error prone? No more than what's already there, I'd say.