Subject: [boost] Use of boost in safety critical work
From: Andrew Marlow (marlow.agents_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-05 04:37:53

Hello fellow boosters,

I am currently considering a job which involves embedded safety critical.
It is for a neonatal ventilator so the safety critical aspect really is
critical rather than just 'jolly important'. The company says the
development will be in C++ but they have not even heard of boost, let alone
use it. They introduced me to a new acronym, well new to me anyway: SOUP.
It stands for Software of Unknown Pedigree. They classify boost as SOUP.

I have used boost before in embedded work but I have never done safety
critical work before so I don't know how widely boost is used there. Can
anyone who *has* worked on safety critical stuff comment please?

--
Regards,
Andrew Marlow