Subject: Re: [boost] Do we need BoostBook?
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-07 07:52:07

On 05/12/2014 23:31, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> As heretic as it sounds, do we get any benefits from BoostBook? It's a
> complex vocabulary, with complex toolchain,
> and while PDF generation sounded nice 10 years ago, printing HTML into
> PDF is a viable option these days - and nobody
> would want to print entire Boost documentation anyway?
>
> Thoughts?

I personally think it's a great toolchain and I also use it in other,
non-Boost projects.

Boostbook is just an extension of Docbook able to deal with C++
programs. Docbook is one of the most well-known single-source authoring
solutions for technical documentation.
What would you suggest instead? The only compelling alternative I can
think of is reSt/Sphinx.