Subject: [boost] [filesystem] Junction support on Windows?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-30 08:45:42

Filesystem provides support for hard and symbolic links, but on Windows,
hard links do not work on directories and symbolic links do not work for the
majority of users because they require elevation by default.

That is why, for example, "b2 headers" was changed to also use junctions, if
possible.

But if I, for another example, want to replicate "b2 headers" from a C++
program using Filesystem, I can't, because it offers no junction support.

Should create_directory_symlink be enhanced to create a junction, if
CreateSymbolicLink is not available or fails with ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED?