Subject: Re: [boost] [compute] CL_QUEUE_OUT_OF_ORDER_EXEC_MODE_ENABLE
From: Gruenke,Matt (mgruenke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-31 03:19:59

-----Original Message-----
From: Boost [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Thomas M
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:33
To: boost_at_[hidden]

> On 31/12/2014 07:05, Kyle Lutz wrote:

>>> If we can't find a backend which implements out-of-order, perhaps we could write
>>> an alternate command_queue that intentionally shuffles command order (within the
>>> specified constraints), to use in the tests.
>>
>> If I recall correctly, POCL [1] supports out-of-order command queues
>> and could be used for testing this.

> IIRC Intel's OpenCL CPU implementation supports out-of-order queues; I don't know
> about their iGPUs. Intel surely knows (they have an OpenCL forum).

Indeed, this forum post strongly suggests their CPU backend does. I assume it was the CPU backend, since the poster is using a Sandbridge, which I think lacked OpenCL support on their GPUs:

    https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/279352

Matt

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.