Subject: Re: [boost] Help required to start contributing to Boost.
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-02 09:50:03

On January 1, 2015 7:58:59 AM EST, Ameya Prabhu <ameya.pandurang.prabhu_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to Boost.

Welcome to Boost.

> I'm fairly well at C++ and am programming since the
> last
> 6 months. I would like to contribute to its development. Can someone
> please
> help me out? I had a look at the website but I am unable to find bugs
> that
> are suitable for beginners.

Boost general uses advanced C++ techniques so coding opportunities for beginners will be limited. Regardless, you need to acquaint yourself with the various Boost libraries, find some that interest you, look for outstanding bug reports in Trac, try your hand at creating a test to demonstrate a bug, create a patch, then post the patch to the issue.

You can also try to find doc requests or identify doc deficiencies and offer to write the new content for the library maintainer.

___
Rob