Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-02 16:01:17

Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<loom.20141231T002217-446_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>> is "soon" a matter of days, weeks, months or years?
>
>We had a good progress recently. If things go well (more people join the
>effort) - weeks. Less optimistic - months.

Why does it take weeks or months to release a fix that has BEEN
DEVELOPED YEARS AGO?

Honestly, this snails pace is maddening. Yes, there's always an
excuse, but we're talking a simple bug fix here that has been
prevented from appearing in a release FOR FIVE YEARS.

"Fixing" to a development branch is not fixing.

It's not fixed until it shows up in a released version of boost.

Five years is long enough to wait, any reasonable observer would
conclude at this point that there is noone seriously working to fix
anything in this library and they'll just use google test which
releases fixes promptly.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>