Subject: Re: [boost] Directory structure not quite right yet?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-05 03:22:17

On 01/03/2015 06:29 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> The only important aspect though, speaking as release manager, is that if we change this now, we'll likely break a huge number of user
>> build and automation scripts that expect current layout, lots of instructions on the web using current layout, and so forth.
>
> Not if we symlink boost to include/boost, I think.

Fair enough, though it would seem that having $BOOST_ROOT/include/boost directory and a $BOOST_ROOT/boost symlink, along with
pre-existing scripts and instructions and some "new" ones only adds to complexity/confusion, not improves anything - unless
you'll use the new layout for some completely different workflow?

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded