Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Tests automatically create header links, but library builds do not
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-05 04:29:06

On 01/05/2015 12:06 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2015 11:20:06 Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>
>> Last time I recall you and Andrey had a discussion about the best way to
>> handle this, and no agreement was reached?
>
> Yes, IIRC, Peter suggested to add fake #includes to the code and I didn't like
> it. I still think Boost.Build should link all headers before testing. In this
> case it should also be done before building a library. Is this possible?

Your pull request does exactly that, so yes, it's possible.

My original concern was that we don't understand why implicit-dependency is not
working, now that we've established that it's not a Boost.Build bug, but rather
MPL's use of preprocessor, I don't have an opinion either way, but I would much
rather we implement a solution that everybody interested agrees with.

I understand you prefer to just always link all headers. I'd be happy to apply
that change if there are no -1 votes in this thread, and overall positive vote,
by the time I'm back from public holidays next Monday. See
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html by what I mean by 'vote'. Does that work?

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded