Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-09 05:34:41

Boost under SVN used to allow all library authors to update any library - but
most people were too polite to do this much, and certainly not without
consultation.

> The same is not true of Boost, and it is designed that way.

I disagreed with this when Boost GIT was set up. I'd like it changed to
re-allow all library authors access to all other libraries.

> You write below it is a good thing. I don't agree. I think there's a better
middle
> ground to arrive at.

Yes - but people need to continue to be 'polite' and mindful of the possible
consequences to other users, especially in a library like Boost.Test that has
very many users.

As Robert Ramey explains in more detail.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse