Subject: [boost] [math][integer] Moving integer utilities out of the math lib.
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-10 07:21:38

This does look to me like a good idea, but to remain coherent, all of
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/libs/math/doc/html/gcd_lcm.html
should move, which means:

common_factor.hpp
common_factor_rt.hpp
common_factor_ct.hpp

Plus docs and tests.

Further I'd like to see the headers under boost/integer/*.hpp and the
namespace changed to boost::integer. For backwards compatibility the
boost/math/*.hpp headers should be present also but merely include the
new ones and import the symbols into boost::math via using declarations.

One SNAFU I see is that boost.integer is a largely unmaintained ragbag
of utilities (though often very useful). It would be nice if someone
would take responsibility for this library: any takers? It might be the
right time too to move the rest of Boost.Integer into boost::integer
rather than dumping everything in namespace boost?

And finally to provide a "soft landing" for existing users, the Math lib
docs should retain a stub page for these utilities that points to the
new docs - Paul and I can take care of that one.

Does that look like a plan? Anyone care to take it on?

Best, John.