Subject: Re: [boost] boost interval arithmetic
From: Павел Кудан (coodan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-15 04:58:46

 My main aim is to help improving boost interval class as boost is proposal for C++ standard and interval calculations are important, although underestimated yet. And standard is not matter of mine or yours mathematical preferences, implementation must be perfect to be standard. It must be correct and free of any mistakes.

If you are still ready to listen to me, I can prove to you, that documented behaviour:

The operators / and /=  will try to produce an empty interval if the denominator is exactly zero. If the denominator contains zero (but not only zero), the result will be the smallest interval containing the set of division results; so one of its bound will be infinite, but it may not be the whole interval.

contains one more misconception then I already reported.

But before it I would like to ask you if you are agree that the fact that statement [-inf, inf] IS NOT EMPTY is true?