Subject: Re: [boost] boost interval arithmetic
From: Павел Кудан (coodan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-15 11:01:21

 I must confess that behaviour we were talking about is not misconception, but one of possible variants of implementation. As IEEE Interval Standard Working Group lets developers to implement / /= operators as silently returning [-inf, inf] as a result of interval division at that problematic situation.

Nevertheless, that variant is not only IEEE ISWG lets in that situation. And, to my belief, not best one, because this practice of result corruption is not only matter of / and /= operators. Let's see what will be a final standard and what will be standard C++ library for interval arithmetic.

At any rate, you were right that it was not misconception.

P.S. Sad having no possibility to speak with class maintainers.