Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a FIX Protocol Library?
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-15 12:14:56

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In the future we will see more libraries of narrower application - because
> we've already made libraries for the wider applications.

Even when I wrote that FIX seemed to domain specific, I was thinking
the same thing - if we've tackled the wide stuff, only the narrow
stuff is left.
I just wasn't sure if we were at that point yet, and whether we wanted
to go in that direction.
If/When Boost is really modular, then I think narrow stuff is easier to accept.
(ie once half of Boost is narrow, it better be easy (ie the *default*)
to get just the parts of Boost I want)

Tony