Subject: [boost] Testing and toolsets
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-19 09:14:21

Hi Everyone,
Could anyone give me some information on how regression test matrix is
supposed to work? I can see that when testers run their tests they specify
a toolset; this toolset is reported in test matrix, and based on this
toolset name failures in tests can be labeled as expected. Did I get it
right?

However, the fact that a tester turns C++11 support or not, is not
necessarily reflected in the toolset name (some testers indicate it in the
toolset name, others don't). On the other hand C++11 being turned on or off
can affect the test results. In that case the toolset name alone is not
sufficient to make a decision whether I expect a failure or not.

Is there some policy for addressing this problem? Am I the only person to
be affected?

Regards,
&rzej