Subject: [boost] Templight Installation - watch your version of svn
From: Fletcher, John P (j.p.fletcher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-26 05:21:36

I have just been installing Templight and have hit a problem. Templight installation involves installing Clang and then applying a patch to it. Older versions of svn (before 1.7) do not have the svn patch command which is used on the installation. Unfortunately Ubuntu 12.04 has version 1.6.17 installed and does not offer an update. The solution to this has been to upgrade svn to a later version from WANdisco (see http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download). After the upgrade, the patch command will still not run if the downloads of LLVM and Clang were done with the old version of svn. So the best thing is to upgrade svn before starting. Of course I did not know this at the time. I am sending this to save someone else the same trouble. Best wishes John