Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Rewrite and dependency free version
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-02 19:29:41

Rene Rivera-2 wrote
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Robert Ramey <

> ramey@

> > wrote:
>
>> Modest Proposal - Bridge module
>>
>> We create a new module - named "bridge". In this module there is a
>> directory: boost/bridge/archive.hpp. This contains only forward
>> declarations:
>>
>> class basic_iarchive;
>> class basic_oarchive;
>
> I think the above is what many other people are suggesting already.

LOL - I didn't see any proposals which looked like this to me.

> Unless I've misinterpreted the requests. With that in mind I suggested
> this <
> http://tinyurl.com/p2nt3co> as a library structure (suggestion #2).

So it seems that you would just separate the headers into "families" core
and full
and the dependency tool would just follow core? I didn't see that mentioned
but I'm guessing that's what you're suggestion.

I don't see any connection with my suggestion not that it matters.

I think that this problem only effects a few libraries. The serialization
library is the most obvious case but there may be a couple more.
Naturally I prefer my idea above as it would relieve me of modifying
dozens of files. Also, by including the "bridge" in the archive code
it self, I can detect that the forwarding headers are actually identical
to the implementation headers.

Robert Ramey