Subject: Re: [boost] Boost regression testing on Android
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-04 12:25:39

> Well, test script itself is at
>
> https://github.com/crystax/android-platform-ndk/blob/master/tests/run-boost-tests
> .
> It is part of CrystaX NDK file tree and it do many things to setup
> environment for Boost testing. As you can see, it also generate several
> shell script wrappers to be able run tests; one of such wrappers is
> adbrunner. Content of regression/armeabi-v7a-hard folder is fully
> generated on the fly by run-boost-tests script.
>
> However, I'd recommend to not use this script right now since I'm going
> to refactor it a bit - at least, extract adbrunner and do several other
> changes. Please wait several days and I'll provide full sources and
> instructions on how to run Boost regression testing on Android.

Thanks for doing this!

BTW, I'm not quite sure about BSD licensed code usage in Boost. It would be
much simpler to integrate Boost licensed scripts into the Boost. Otherwise,
probably there'll be a long and boring conversation with lawyers from
Software Freedom Conservancy.

> BTW, if you'll look on
> http://boost.crystax.net/master/developer/summary.html, you'll see clang
> toolchains indicated as 'clang-linux-3.4' and 'clang-linux-3.5'. It goes
> from the fact that Boost build scripts suppose there are just two types
> of clang - clang-darwin and clang-linux, and switch between them based
> on host OS condition, which is wrong. It should be based on target OS.
> Look here:
> https://github.com/boostorg/build/blob/develop/src/tools/clang.jam. I
> suppose there should be smth like this:
>
> if $(target-os) = darwin
> toolset.using clang-darwin .....
> else if $(target-os) = linux
> toolset.using clang-linux ...
> else if $(target-os) = android
> toolset.using clang-android ....
>
> Or smth like that. I don't know bjam syntax good, so it's just to
> indicate my idea. I'd be appreciate if you could fix this while I'm
> finishing with scripts refactoring.
>
> Finally, when I finish with my task, we could modify Boost jam scripts
> to add support of NDK compilers directly instead of relying on wrappers
> for g++/clang++.

OK, I'll forward your proposal directly to the boost-build developers.
There's a mailing list specially for boost build related questions and
proposals: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-build

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin