Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc15] Attn: We need 2015 mentors and project ideas for Boost!
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-09 22:21:39

On 10 Feb 2015 at 3:39, Damian Vicino wrote:

> I sent you a link with the code I submitted to the incubator for library simulation about a week ago.
> From an email you sent me on Feb 06 I understood it was enough, but I can push more if needed.
> Do you need me to sent more code for the competency test?

Heh.

That earlier email of mine be a classic example of what tiredness
does to my mind. My sprint to get AFIO v1.3 released has turned into
a long distance run, lots of staying up till 3am and then getting up
early day after day week after week ... anyway I somehow had it in my
head that I had seen your code and knew you could program whilst
somehow not attaching your name with the Damian Vicino whose code I
only reviewed last week. I am sorry about the confusion there. Yes
you need no competency exam.

> I will try to submit the proposal tomorrow after checking it with Robert.
> The harder thing right now is to define a realistic scope before sending it.
> I don´t want to submit milestones and finding out later they are impossible to reach.

Very wise. Well done on snagging Robert as your mentor. Myself and
Robert disagree about most things, but hopefully he won't disagree
with my belief that Robert will be an excellent mentor and you
couldn't have done much better. Congratulations Damian.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2015 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2015