Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] temp_directory_path() behavior on Windows
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-16 13:30:59

[Niall Douglas]
> Thankfully VS2015 finally kills off the static MSVCRT. You'll get
> DLLs and DLLs only from VS2015 onwards

That's incorrect. /MT and /MTd will be fully supported in 2015, just like previous versions. Both the CRT and STL have static libs.

James's VCBlog post, which you linked, says exactly this:

> While I've named the release DLLs in the list, there are also equivalent debug DLLs
> and release and debug static CRT libraries for each of these.

Note that the CRT's DLLs, import libs, and static libs have been reorganized and renamed for 2015 RTM.

Stephan T. Lavavej
Senior Developer - Visual C++ Libraries