Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Boost.Endian mini-review
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-18 19:43:55

On 19/02/2015 01:36, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Rob Stewart <rob.stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> buffer.html
>>
>> s/See the Wikipedia/See Wikipedia/ reads better to me
>
> I tried it, but "the Wikipedia" reads better to me.

For what this particular bikeshed is worth, as "Wikipedia" is a proper
noun, usually the forms that sound the most correct are "see the
Wikipedia article for more info" or "see Wikipedia for more info".

You're not supposed to use articles with proper nouns such as place
names, and that includes well-known site names.

(Although Vortigaunts get a free pass. They remember the Freeman.)

Given that in this case you're hyperlinking to a specific article,
perhaps you should just add "article" to the hyperlink, as in "the
_Wikipedia article_".