Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-maint] [context, config] Always setting address-model and architecture (Was: Conflicts when building libraries at root)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-19 04:09:35

On 02/18/2015 07:10 PM, Jürgen Hunold wrote:
>> Right, so steps would be:
>> >
>> >1. Move actual tests into config (we do need to have a few cpp files)
>> >2. Move architecture.jam into either Boost.Build or boostcpp.jam
>> >3. Make sure we don't generate extra path elements for default address model
>> >4. Introduce a way to do these tests without requiring a bunch of .cpp
>> >files - sure Boost.Build can generate them on the fly.
>> >5. Make these checks be automatic for all projects.
>> >
>> >It seems that 1-2 should solve the immediate problem, and 1-3 should be
>> >pretty good, although going all the way to 5 would be cool.
> +1 for this plan.
>
> And it would be cool if 3 enables me to use "feature.set-default address-model
> : 64" on Windows 64 bit machines to enforce 64 bit builds as default. Or maybe
> just auto-detect it...

I have patches for 1-2, over at:

        https://gist.github.com/vprus/6017091aef8126919980

You will need --without-log for them to work.

Hiding architecture/address-model from path is not quite as easy, since that must be done
per toolchain; different toolchains can have different defaults. Or I can possibly just
use "64" and "x86", without feature name, in target paths.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded