Subject: [boost] [test] Re: Conflicts when building libraries at root
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-09 16:14:48

On 03/09/2015 01:02 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> All of the patches are supposed to be pushed to devel, and I'd appreciate independent confirmation things build fine with no explicit
>> options.
>
> The Boost.Test problem is still present:
>
> error: Name clash for '<pstage\lib>libboost_system-vc80-mt-1_58.lib'
> error:
> error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
> error: these incompatible properties:
> error:
> error: - <asynch-exceptions>off
> error: - <asynch-exceptions>on
> error:
> error: Please make sure to have consistent requirements for these
> error: properties everywhere in your project, especially for install
> error: targets.
>
> b2 --without-test toolset=msvc-8.0 starts building, so the context/coroutine problem seems fixed.

I see, thanks. Naturally Boost.Test problem does not happen to me on Linux, for lacks of asynch-exceptions there.

Who of Boost.Test maintainer(s) can explain why this feature is used, and dependency on boost.system?
This does not seem like a feature we can globally set?

Thanks,

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded