Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Re: Conflicts when building libraries at root
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-09 17:15:16

Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. März 2015, 13:14:48 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> > This [asynch-exceptions on] does not seem like a feature we can
> > globally set?
>
> Perhaps we can, but I'm not an expert in vc exception handling...

No, I very much would not like everything to be built with asynch-exceptions
on, especially since I don't use Boost.Test.

"The /EHa compiler option is used to support asynchronous structured
exception handling (SEH) with the native C++ catch(...) clause."

"Specifying /EHa and attempting to handle all exceptions by using catch(...)
can be dangerous. In most cases, asynchronous exceptions are unrecoverable
and should be considered fatal. Catching them and proceeding can cause
process corruption and lead to bugs that are hard to find and fix."

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1deeycx5.aspx