Subject: [boost] Boost GSoC '15. Enchanced Vector and Deque Containers
From: Pranav Vaish (pranav.vaish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-10 12:29:36

Hello developers,

My name is Pranav Vaish. I'm a second year Undergraduate in Computer
Science at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. I am extremely
interested in doing a GSoC project on Enhanced Vector and Deque Containers.
I have used std::vector and std::deque containers (Default C++ containers.
Not C++11 ones) several times and am quite familiar with their usages,
though not so much with their code .

I am strong at programming in C++ but have never written any library code
prior to this. I am competent at understanding and working with all
algorithms necessary for this project.

I have spent some time thinking about the problem for the competency test
and I would like know if I am supposed to understand the code of the
standard containers and modify the code to suit our purposes or to rewrite
it all from scratch in my own way. Also must I have any knowledge about
BOOST code? If yes, which part of it?

Thank You,
------
Pranav Vaish