Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost ] [ Trie ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-12 13:12:56

Hello,

Iteration works faster indeed but all the other operations perform worse.
It is also true that the current implementation is not tuned for memory
locality. It's basically the same implementation used by the map having
changed only the container. However the difference in performance are quite
big.
Also, I have performed some benchmarking myself on std::set vs intrusive
set using variables that are declared in contigous memory zones and
intrusive_set is performing better when compiled with -O2, -O3 but it
performs worse when compiled without any optimization flag. Also, for a
small number of elements (that is the case in our trie too) std::set
performs better any time.
I have tested insert / find / erase operations. (Those are the most common
operations involved in std::trie to).

Cosmin