Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] Informal review request
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-23 08:45:06

Bjorn Reese <breese <at> mail1.stofanet.dk> writes:

> On 03/22/2015 07:23 AM, Louis Dionne wrote:
>
> > I understand your point, and I mostly agree with it. Even though I do not
> > consider foldl/foldr to be cryptic, some other names following the same
>
> How about fold_outwards/fold_inwards (or fold/fold_inwards)

I don't understand which one should be which. I personally don't see how fold
left is inwards (or outwards), and ditto for fold right. While aliases for
people used to Fusion are provided, it is planned to have fold_right and
fold_left, which everyone in the FP community can understand out of the box.

See [1] for the resolution regarding foldl/foldr.

Regards,
Louis

[1]: http://github.com/ldionne/hana/issues/18