Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC 2015 Proposal
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-26 21:24:03

On 26 Mar 2015 at 12:36, Roshan Raghupathy wrote:

> Um, I think only the admin can see the proposals on melagne right now..
> If you want other people to see it, you should probably put it up
> somewhere else...

Right now only the admins and mentors can see applications.

> Maybe Niall can confirm?

Tomorrow after student applications close we'll firstly run several
passes to filter out the time wasting applications, which include any
applications which do not follow the submission template. We've
already issued warnings to all such applicants.

Some mentors have already commented on applications privately or
publicly. Right now 26 serious proposals have been submitted. About
20 of these are strong. Four are from previous GSoC students with
Boost, and are therefore highly likely to be selected. We normally
get seven or eight slots each year.

After the admins and mentors feel happy with the proposals we've
filtered, we'll ask the Boost community to rank them, probably
straight after submission closes. That process is usually complete
within a week. We then send our recommendations to Google. Google
then return a list of which candidates they'll fund. Several rounds
of bartering ensue, including with other open source orgs. It takes
many weeks. Winners are announced end of April.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2015 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2015