Subject: Re: [boost] [peer review queue tardiness] Cleaning out the Boost review queue
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-30 20:31:10

On 30 Mar 2015 at 15:41, Robert Ramey wrote:

> FWIW Block pointer and Process can be found in the incubator. I'm guessing
> that the authors haven't totally given up hope. Array? isn't that a boost
> library (and now a standard library component) already?

I believe that libraries in the review queue ought to be "Boost
ready", and if they are not then they should not be in the queue.
That means:

1. Configured as a Boost module according to modular Boost. Any
library not updated since the 1.56 release which was the first
modular release surely fails this.

2. Known to be working perfectly and passing all unit tests on recent
compilers configured into C++ 11 and C++ 14 modes.

3. Known to be working perfectly and passing all unit tests with the
latest Boost release.

As you know Robert, I would personally make it mandatory for Travis
CI to be testing the above three requirements per commit against
latest Boost if a library wishes to be in the review queue (actually
I'd ask for a whole lot more, but it isn't as free of cost as
Travis). I don't think this asks much of the author. Antony has done
a great job at making a generic Travis script for Boost libraries
which just drops in ready to go.

I might add that all the very recently added libraries to the queue I
examined _do_ use Travis, though to what depth I do not know.
Nevertheless, I find this a very welcome improvement that many of the
official Boost libraries could do with.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting