Subject: Re: [boost] [peer review queue tardiness] Cleaning out the Boost review queue
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-30 22:29:56

On 31 Mar 2015 at 3:21, Niall Douglas wrote:

> I'd say
> https://github.com/apolukhin/Boost.DLL/blob/develop/.travis.yml is a
> very good bet.
>
> Antony's script runs rings around my own. His is lovely and generic.
> Mine is a nasty hack job. Plus his does everything mine can, and lots
> more.

I would add though that often you don't want to test against Boost
HEAD as Antony's script does, but rather some Boost release. I use
one of three methods here: (i) simply apt-get install libboost-dev on
travis, that'll fetch some fairly ancient but stable Boost (ii) do
add-apt-repository -y ppa:boost-latest/ppa first and then install
Boost, this gets a fairly new (currently 1.55) Boost (iii) wget
https://github.com/ned14/boost-release/archive/master.zip which is
always the latest Boost stable release and unpack it, symlinking in
your project into libs and running ./b2 headers to link it in.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/