Subject: Re: [boost] [typeof][CMT] Could the maintenance team please review and merge a trivial pull request?
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-10 12:47:03

>> I took a look at it, and I agree, it's a simple change.
>> However, the CMT takes care of libraries that don't have a maintainer.
>>
>> Boost.TypeOf is not one of those - but maybe it should be at this point.
>
> Indeed it may be the case. Currently there are no procedures at Boost
> to handle such situation. Maybe there should? As a starting point we
> should probably define when a library doesn't have a maintainer and
> think about a procedure of notifying the original maintainer/author
> and eventually passing the rights to someone else or the CMT.
>
> Anyway, this change is very simple, similar to the one recently made
> in Function
> (https://github.com/boostorg/function/commit/854f2e8d5db4f5bdd2a23ce71e621b5fbccbbcba).
> I also saw that the other PR
> (https://github.com/boostorg/typeof/pull/2) was merged. Would it be
> possible to make an exception also in this case?

For trivial changes then IMO the CMT should be able to step in if the
maintainer is AWOL for whatever reason (holidays, work commitments
etc). It would be a nicety to drop them an email first, and if there's
no reply in a reasonable time - say a week or two? - then to go ahead
with simple fixes like this.

Just my 2c, John.