Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Python 3 build problems
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-20 10:12:53

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:

> > information
> > >
> > > While that might work, it seems a bit hackish to me. It seems the
> Python
> > > version (as well as a number of other config parameters) are valuable
> > > metadata associated with a given build that would be useful to display,
> > > alongside the compiler name / version in use.
> >
> > It's actually the less hackish way. As it handles the eventuality that
> the
> > version of Python that the tools are using will be different than the one
> > being tested for BPL. And would also account for multiple versions being
> > tested in the same b2 run.
> >

> I'd agree with this, if we can make it part of the test.
>
> However, it might be nice to include some more information automatically in
> the comment html file, just like we do with the command that is executed.
>
> For debugging purposes it might be nice to see: contents of the
> user-config.jam file, version of python that run.py is executed with,
> actual version of the toolsets being used (can we get this from bjam?).

I would avoid including user-config.jam or system-config.jam in the
uploaded information. They are "private" files and may contain confidential
information. And hence we would be liable for posting such information on a
publicly accessible location.

We can definitely include version information though. And maybe scrape the
--debug-configuration information from BB and put it in the info (it should
have the toolset information).

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything