Subject: [boost] [convert] Help. Need promotion from 'develop' to 'master'.
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-20 19:48:05

On 04/21/2015 05:38 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 4/20/2015 1:10 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>> Le 20/04/15 00:09, Vladimir Batov a écrit :
>>> Daniel James created an entry point for 'convert' in the Boost
>>> 'develop' branch and 'convert' has been sitting there for quite some
>>> time. Now that Boost 1.58.0 has been released I would like to have
>>> 'convert' promoted from 'develop' to 'master' so that 'convert' would
>>> make it to 1.59. Is there anything that *I* can/need to do to have an
>>> entry point created for 'convert' in the Boost 'master' branch?
>> I would start a new thread and add you review manager. It is the review
>> manager that should check everything is okay.
> I was the review manager for 'convert' and it was accepted into Boost.
> It has been on 'develop' and been regression tested.
>
> I myself am not sure of the process of moving a library from 'develop'
> to 'master' so maybe someone dealing with the boostorg/boost project
> can comment.
>
> My educated guess is that it would involve a fork of boostorg/boost, a
> local 'pull --rebase' from that fork, changes locally that add the
> library submodule to 'master' with the necessary commit, a 'push' back
> to the fork, and then a pull request so that it shows up at
> boostorg/boost and eventually gets merged into the superproject. I
> believe part of the local changes are also that status/jamfile.v2 has
> to be changed so that the library's tests are added to it.

I would expect the master-branch-related "procedure" to be the same as
for "develop". As I understand, I myself cannot create an entry point
for the library (which is reasonable) and Daniel did that for me in the
develop branch. So, I suspect, someone with super-duper permissions
would need to step in. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx,
V.