Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost ] [ Trie ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-30 15:42:21

Hello,

I'm sorry for my high delayed answers but my coursework load it's keeping
me busy all the time.

Good!

> I'd recommend to clean up boost/trie/detail/trie_node.hpp :
> * `value_count` and `self_value_count` - are both members used in code?

Yes. self_value_count is used for the count of values from the current node
and value_count means how many values are in the subtree of the current
node.

> * move `key`, `children` and `parent` to to a separate base class. Define
> `operator<` and `comparator` only for that base class
> * make all the accesses to `parent` member through functions
> (`set_parent()`, `get_parent()`). This will simplify future
> node-minimization work

I have one question here. The intrusive set that keeps the children of the
node will be of type intrusive_set<node_base> ?
If so, I should cast the iterator return value to trie_node everywhere
shouldn't I ?

Thank you,
Cosmin