Subject: Re: [boost] Official JSON Package
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-01 08:06:39

Hi,

I've been using the cppcms json api which is pretty well done. And the jsoncpp libraries also, which was pretty ok but I found the API more oldschool and less flexible.

It's the json parser used in chrome I believe. And for the freelan vpn project ‎we have a library named : kfather. Which is a json parser/serializer on top of boost variants. This makes it nice to visit json with the visitor pattern.

Additionally there are new json libraries which uses brace initialization making json feel really natural inside C++: https://github.com/nlohmann/json.

It's the same in java there are many libraries, with each their advantages and disadvantages, but it would be great if some would make the effort to bring a Boost.Json which would bring all the good points together.

Cheers,

--
Damien Buhl