Subject: Re: [boost] [property_tree] Co-Maintainer Needed
From: Boris Rasin (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-01 13:32:32

On 4/28/2015 11:06 AM, Sebastian Redl wrote:
> H List,
>
> It pains me to say that I can't find sufficient time to maintain
> PropertyTree the way I should. Bugfixes are delayed, regressions
> appear, and the long-needed documentation improvement is going
> nowhere. I made a commitment last C++Now to add C++11 support and
> document the way I did it in order to help other Boost developers, and
> failed to do so. New features, like proper encoding support or
> type-preserving JSON parsing simply aren't happening.
>
> It's clear that I can't do it alone. So I am looking for help, someone
> else who cares about the library and can help me with bugfixes and
> future development. This could be an individual, a group of people, or
> the community maintenance team, but I definitely need someone if
> PropertyTree is supposed to continue as a useful part of Boost.
>
> Anyone interested or know somebody who would be interested, please let
> me know.
>
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I would be glad to help. I have been using ptree in various projects for
various purposes and I like it a lot. At some point I've even created a
working type-preserving version (based on basic_ptree<std::string,
boost::any>) with the intention of creating read/write functions for
MessagePack (msgpack.org) format. This could also be used for
type-preserving JSON parsing you mentioned (or perhaps
basic_ptree<std::string, boost::variant<...>> would be a better choice?).

Anyway, I believe I can find some time to work on this library. Please
let me know how would you like to proceed.

Boris Rasin